It is amazing to see how many people still doubt about the immortality of the human soul. I was surprised when a Christian friend asked to show specific Bible verses about the immortality of the soul. The entire Bible is about the immortality of the human soul our preparation for it.
However, for those, who are looking for specific Scriptural quotes, here are six compelling and very relevant Biblical verses about the immortality of the human soul. These Bible quotes are from the Revised Standard Version (RSV). Let’s start from the Old Testament and go to the New Testament.
- And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. – Ecclesiastes 12:7
- And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. – Matthew 10:28
- But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ – Luke 12:20
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 6:23
- When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” – 1 Corinthians 15:54
- Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. – Revelation 20:4
As a conclusion let’s remember the words of Mark The Ascetic to Nicolas the Solitary, in which he writes. “Therefore, my son, refine the youthful impulses of your flesh, and through the virtues we have described strengthen your immortal soul and renew your intellect with the help of the Spirit.”
(Please consider donating few dollars to help to spread the Gospel at http://bit.ly/1QpFIrv )